Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wonderful Wednesday...

I don't have much to report on from a food or running perspective.  I'm having to plan my running more since the long runs take so (@#%@#$^) long.  My plan calls for me to run NINE miles on Friday - that's goign to take me over 2 hours.  So I have to plan it carefully.  And my son has a baseball game.  So - much to my husband's shock - I'm going to RUN to his game.  Google maps tells me it's 9.2 miles. 

My mind is BLOWN by the idea.  Truly.  And my nagging self-doubt voice - well, I'm trying to ignore it.

So training is going well - the race is on June 25th - which feels like so close yet so far away.  I'll have to figure out a maintenence plan for afterwards.  If I finish (and don't die...) I will probably sign up for the Malibu half marathon - a destination race!  It will keep me focused, or hopefully so.

Food wise I'm slacking a little - I'm not logging but I am keeping mental track.  I will log if I think I've forgotten something or I'm just not up for brain math.  I will also log if I think that I'm teetering on the brink of a binge. 

I'm frankly kind of bored with all of it - the scale is stale - the running just is - and the eating is dull.  I need to find a way to shake things up.  And I'm not sure what that involves.  I'm researching raw foods but haven't gotten very far.  Any suggestions?

And - for something new - Wonderful Wednesday - leave a comment with something Wonderful!!

TTFN,
LauraLynne

5 comments:

amandakiska said...

No pressure or anything! I don't have any ideas to shake things up, but I am so excited for you to run the Malibu half-marathon. That sounds awesome!

Lisa said...

good job with your training!

Julie said...

You are incredible!! I was excited when I was able to run a mile without stopping Tuesday. I can't wait till I can run that far. Great job!

Morgan said...

Something wonderful? Hmmm....does it have to be something from today??? Ummm...today I stayed home almost all day and just kind of half-slept on the couch to make up for the sleep I missed last night and watched cartoons with my kids and am making beef stew for dinner since my hubby will actually be home for dinner for once. And I never stressed once about the homework I should have been doing or the exercise...and I actually think that all is pretty wonderful. I like that you have a wonderful Wednesday - it forces me to sit down and really think to recognize that wonderful things are happening.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

great work!

We went out to dinner without Hubbend. And we loved it!