Sunday, May 9, 2010

late in posting - it's been a busy weekend!

First - and foremost - Happy Mother's Day!!

Secondly - my Friday weigh in - 201.8 *phew*
I'm so close to 199.8!  One more pound...
Maybe next Friday!

Lastly - Motherhood trumped OA meeting yesterday.  My husband had to work and my son had a baseball game - so I didn't make it ot the meeting.  Next week.  And I told my husband next Saturday, no matter what, I'm going.  *sigh*

In running news - on Friday was my long run.  I ran a path around Greenlake in Seattle.  The path is 2.8 miles so I had to run 4 laps to get my 11 miles in.  My training plan is to run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute but I've been pushing that to see where my limits are.  Mostly they're mental.  It's still difficult to run - from a muscle point of view.  Aerobically, I don't struggle much (someday I'll explain my seriously effed up aerobic system - I can't achieve a heart rate over 120 - no. matter. what.)  Anyway...so I did 3/1 intervals for the first lap.  Then I figured I would push myself and run the next lap (ok - run is misused, jog is more accurate), and run it I did!  Then, lap 3, I figured I would try and run that as well - with the promise of intervals for the final lap.  Intervals were going to be my reward!  As I rounded lap 3, I told myself, just keep running until the first landmark - a foot bridge.  Past that is the theater, then the boathouse, the bathrooms, and then the finish line.  I ran ALL OF IT!!  I ran 8.4 miles.  without intervals!  My lungs did fine - my legs hurt!!  But I did it!!

And so - while the scale isn't plummeting the way I think it should be, I'm seeing progress.  In my running, in my shape, in my 'can do' attitude. 

I'm still struggling with food.  A lot.  A tea cup of crackers is ok when planned for.  3 cups worth because I'm waiting for hubby to get home is NOT ok.  And then a whole burrito at our favorite resaturant.  Not half like I planned for.  Addiction still going strong. 

Now I'm off to have brunch with my sisters and my mom.

Happy Mother's Day to all past, present, and future moms!

TTFN,
LauraLynne

3 comments:

Summer said...

"And so - while the scale isn't plummeting the way I think it should be, I'm seeing progress. In my running, in my shape, in my 'can do' attitude. "

Whooo hooo for you!!!! That's so great. Hope you had a nice brunch. =)

Googie said...

Great Job!!

I have a question: How do you breathe when you run? I want to pass out at .5 miles and it is all my breathing. Thanks!

LauraLynne said...

Googie - I've never had a problem breathing when I run - it's not something I've ever particularly paid attention to. It's the weirdest thing, unless I downright sprint, I don't get out of breath. I'm a freak of nature in that way.