I'm so ashamed. But I'm not letting it derail me. I did well the rest of the weekend and I'm willing to forgive myself one sweet (but off-limit) treat.
For the record, my list of justificiations:
- it was only one
- it's not a candy bar - you'll have to be more SPECIFIC next time when you say 'candy'
- I can eat it before I get home
- nobody will know
- you did SO well the last 48 hours, you deserve a treat
- tomorrow's monday, start again
- Tuesday's a new month, start again
- you don't feel good, you deserve this
- a bunch of other things that I don't really have words for - just a giant flood of emotions
In baby news - my husband commented yesterday as I was stepping out of the shower "you're getting a belly on you!" My reply? "where have you BEEN the last several weeks?!" I need to take a picture - I'm not just showing, I'm getting asked about my due date, I'm getting seats on the bus, I've packed away all my pre-pregnancy clothes, I'm only wearing pants with elastic waistbands...HELLO HUBBY!!
I need opinions....he's thinking that after our "big" ultrasound, we'll throw a party to announce if this is a boy or a girl. We had a pizza dinner for our closest friends and family to announce our pregnancy and while I'm THRILLED he's excited - I'm a little anxious about all the attention. And another party feels like too much attention. What have other people done? What are your thoughts on having an "announce the sex" party? I'd be excited to be invited to one - thrilled to lavish attention on my friends - but being the center of attention is not my strong suit. (On the other hand I'm picturing requesting people to wear Pink or Blue and then pitting them against each other in games of chance until we finally reveal the winning "Team"....but that sounds an awful lot like something from a TV sitcom AKA "Cheesy")
That's all the news for now!!