Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I lost my one year old!!

My just turned one year old weighs 17.5 pounds.  As of Monday, I've lost 18 pounds.  That's more than my baby!!

I'm training as much as possible - Monday/Wednesday/Thursday is Master's swim team, I try to get gym workouts on those days as well. Tuesday is a long run - to and from daycare: 6.25 miles.  My next race is 8/11/12 - Lake Tye Olympic distance.  I'm a little lot nervous.  There's a 4 hour cut off.  My goal is to finish under 3.5 hours.  But I'm still nervous.  My bike training is non-existent:  having someone watch the baby while I go ride my bike around has been a challenge.  Everything else I do I have childcare arranged but the "extra" time of riding has been difficult.  Oh well.

My eating has been great.  No candy since the beginning of March, no chips/salty foods since the end of March.  It hasn't been easy.  It's getting easier though.  I can only hope that someday it will be easy.
48 days ago I weighed 214.5 pounds.  Today I weigh 196.5.  I'm aiming for 193 by Sunday.  I'm working very hard at every aspect: food, thinking about food, exercise, and training for triathlons.

I'm trying to blog as often as possible but between work, kids, training, etc - it's complicated to find computer time without a baby on my lap!!  Next post will include some weight loss pictures.

And in between everything going on, I am really loving being a "new mom" again.  We celebrated our son's first birthday last weekend (and although the cake looked AMAZING - I only ate one bite!).  Here's a couple pictures from that day:
"You bringing me cake or WHAT?!"
Cuteness overload!



My friend Dawn made the goodies - including this AWESOME cake!!

Cookies by Dawn
More cookies by Dawn

Cowboy cookies by Dawn

All three of my kids - I'm so proud of each of them!

1 comment:

Valerie (seattlerunnergirl) said...

OMG I thought you really *lost* (temporarily, of course) your little guy! Congrats on your wonderful progress & training - keep it up!